Sensor network delivering benefits to drivers and local authorities
Blue Mesh Solutions is in the process of launching Park Here Now, a unique and innovative IoT solution to the problems caused by parking in town centres and elsewhere.
Park Here Now is the Real Time Parking Availability solution, based on innovative IoT sensors and powered by Google Maps.
Parking issues cause significant negative impacts to the quality of life of drivers and people who live in congested and polluted areas.
Park Here Now reduces parking time and reduces the problems of congestion, pollution and stress associated with parking.
Indeed, it has been estimated that:
- Road traffic is responsible for 30% of particulate emissions in European cities
- Job growth slows when commuter congestion rises above 4.5 minutes
- Air pollution costs the UK up to £20billion p.a. and is linked to as many as 36,000 deaths a year
Park Here Now uses sensors in individual parking bays that are connected in a mesh network and linked to the cloud via NB-Iot or 5G communications.
The result is that motorists are able to use an app to locate available bays quickly and easily, meaning less time spent causing congestion and pollution while searching for somewhere to park.
The technology involved is:
- Bluetooth – IoT Mesh network at 2,400 MHz 5G connected via NB-IoT into Google Cloud
- Google Serverless – ready for any data and solution
- User-focused app built on Google Maps and hosted in Google Cloud
- Google powered apps and user data tools globally available and applicable
- 50-75% cheaper than current IoT
Benefits are substantial and game-changing:
- Average saving of four minutes engine running time per use
- Increased parking density and revenues
- Enhanced high street revenue through geo-marketing opportunities
- Each sensor, used three times a day, saves 0.4 tonnes of CO2 per year, equal to £10,000 in carbon offset credits
Helping High Street Regeneration
Retail and service sector businesses can promote ‘offers’ via the smart parking app to drivers as they park. As the visitor pays for parking they receive a small, very local marketing notification.
We are always interested in speaking to potential partners who recognise the benefits of our state-of-the-art solutions. We look forward to hearing from you so that we can begin our conversation.